Tuesday, September 08, 2009

EasytownRadio R.I.P. (Mar 2006 - Jan 2008)

To all of our listeners, and to everyone who ever appeared in an episode with us, I say THANK YOU, and I hope that you enjoyed your time with the Easytown Radio show.

This epitaph has been a long time coming.

In January of 2008, we launched what was to become our final episode #26 (Pink Floyd). It was our best episode, and we really went out with a bang. I don't think any of us knew it'd be our last episode when we were producing it. At the time, other ideas for forthcoming episodes were still piling up, but I knew that I needed a break. Episode #27 (Umphrees McGee) was hosted by Balls Deep, but was never launched, and I think it still sits on the launchpad today; just waiting for a countdown to a launch that will never happen. In my mind's eye, it stands frozen on the launchpad for all time; as a reminder of what once was (and what might have become). The nonlaunch of Episode #27 signaled the end of Easytown Radio for me.

Will I help produce another podcast again someday? Time will tell. None could ever be as creatively satisfying for me as Easytown Radio was. Then again, perhaps Easytown Radio was just the beginning. Like many artists do, I tend to believe that my best work is AHEAD of me (not behind me). I'll continue being creative for as long as I live.

And so, if we never meet again this side of heaven, I leave you with some good advice. Always look ahead to the next great thing, while never forgetting where you came from. You can have anything you want in life, but first you have to dream it.

Thank you and goodnite.
~Tim Easy
Co-producer / Writer / Host

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home